Wednesday, January 7, 2009

attitude of grattitude


Raise your hand if you have heard me tell my thank you note stories...you can skip to the end. For the rest of you, I will tell you why Thank You notes are so important. First it is nice to be appreciated, and if someone gave you a gift, you should be appreciative. Second, it acknowledges receipt of the gift, which if the person is out of town, it is very important. Third, it is good manners. and finally, a thankful heart is a happy heart.
As a child, my mom would never let me play with, put away, or do anything with a gift until I had written the thank you note. As a kid, this got old, but as I got older, I really appreciated that discipline. Well, this year I didn't do so well. I didn't keep up with things like I should, and I found myself scrambling to remember who, what, when, and where. Add that to the fact I was two weeks late on getting started...and wow... wish my mom still told me what to do!
Anyway, I made three different cards to send for thank yous. This is the plainest, I like it, but my mom and scott weren't impressed. can't make everyone happy.
I will show you the others later.
be thankful!

No comments: